Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Progress Check - Posters 1 & 2

As I showed in class, I have crafted two posters so far to represent both good and bad design.  The first is a good poster for Evil Dead.  It maintains the simple black, white and red color scheme present in the vast majority of horror film posters which catches the eye quickly and instantly conveys that it is a bloody, gory, horror movie.  Once the attention is captured, it shows the setting and the main evil demon in the chainsaw itself, which reveals the main idea of the narrative.
The second poster I have created is for The Shawshank Redemption.  It is (apparently) the bad one of the two I will create for it as it does not properly convey the story to the viewer.  People who have previously seen the movie will instantly know what it is, however, the idea is to market to a fresh fan base, which this fails at.  The poster needs to show redemption and the human spirit prevailing while also laying out the groundwork that it takes place in a prison.


I will continue to work on new posters over the weekend for each of these movies, and also begin writing my final case study which will also show several other successful/unsuccessful movie posters that already exist which were shown in my previous posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment